August 25, 2008

Lately

In our seven and a half years together I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have been out, for the evening, without my husband. I am sure that he could live without me, but he is much more fun and quick witted than I! All that aside I have snuck out of the house to attend some events a couple times this month.

The Baithouse Stompers...
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=164648268
Not knowing any more than their name and where they are playing I went with some friends to see the baithouse stompers. Renee invited her friends to the PUB to honor her son who is on his way back to IRAQ with some music and fun! Like I said before if I do these kind of things (which I usually do not) I have my hubby along, but he stay home with the kiddos like a champ. Thanks J! Anyway, back to the band. I get there, they are setting up and I realize they look familiar. My head starts to scroll... How do I know these guys? High school? Yeah, that is right, one was the art teacher and the other my old biology teacher. I still think it is funny! It was a great night and lots of fun.



Kelsey and Nickie


Terri, Kelsey, and Nickie



Nickie and Renee


What a face!
Kelsey and Renee




Jared washing boarding it!


Shelly shaking what the stompers gave her!


Ennis Auction...

Somehow I became the chair of the Red Oak Chamber's annual auction. The auction is our biggest fundraiser and therefore has to be the best. We started our planning early this year and everything is on track, but I do like to scope out the other area auctions. This year it was Ennis and seeing as they have an office in Ennis I went with my parents. I got to sit between them in the truck on the way over and everything. We get there at 5pm on the dot, because my parents are always there when things start. It was great to spend some time with my parents but lets just say I will not be attending the Ennis auction in the near future...

Mom and I at the Ennis Auction

Terri, Renee and I




The Kids...
Sunday was the grocery trip to get school lunch materials since Nathan and Cannon are both back to school on Monday. Nathan started 8th grade and who knows if he will ever like school. Cannon's school wants the kids there at 8 to begin their lessons for the day. Yes for the normal that would be great, but 8 is way early and jumbles my day. Way too much morning time in the office. Anyway by Monday night Cannon had already eaten all of the fruit by the foot I got for Nathan's lunch and was asking for me to go get some more from the store. He needed to get some more to eat in his tent.


The Twilight Saga...
I have been busy for the last several months and things are really changing in my office. I think I needed an escape from everything and found it with these books recommended to me by a friend. I started reading Twilight on Sunday the 17th and was hooked. I love the characters, the story and the escape. Last night I finally finished the last book of the series. I am glad that I will have my free time back, but I am really going to miss the characters.


Just wondering...
(Hopefully my only political statement from now until after the election.)
I have heard in many different setting through out my life. Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Why can't we just figure out how to teach people to support themselves instead of trying to elect someone who will just give EVERYTHING away!


That's it... Long blog, but it has been a while..

No comments: