August 11, 2008

Rest, Relax, and Celebrate

So I just got Cannon's birthday party blog up and it seems like forever ago that we had the party. Since then we have had a Sunday of NOTHING to do, Cannon's actual birthday and a visit to Maw and Papa's house in San Antonio.
We were all, okay maybe just JJ and I, so excited to have nothing planned for the Sunday following Cannon's birthday party. Just sitting on the couch watching TV and movies. It was wonderful until about 4 when we all started to get restless, but we made it through with the help of some dinner from Cotton Patch. See I might have cooked, but Big Daddy on the Food Network made this salad that reminded me of a great one from Cotton Patch. I know that Food Network shows are suppose to inspire the home chef, but all it inspired me to do was ask J to go get some dinner.
Fast forward from dinner to Cannon's birthday. For which we, Cannon, Nathan, and I, met J at work and went to lunch. Cannon thought he was so special and then got to go back to Daddy's office. We did the world tour of the office and then headed to do some back to school shopping for Nathan. Cannon and Nathan both had a great time. Nathan getting new stuff and Cannon just not being at school. Our day ended with Cannon and I having a battle of wills. See Auntie Heidi and Hailey called to wish Cannon a happy birthday. After getting off the phone with Hailey he decided that he HAD TO go to Hailey's house right now. (They live in San Antonio, four hours away, and it was Wednesday night.) I let him know that was not going to happen and he proceeded to tell me, "If we do not go to Hailey's house I am going to put my sucker on you." "Cannon," I said, "We are not going to San Antonio until Friday night." And then he puts his sucker on my leg and says, "I told you I was going to put my sucker on you if we did not go to Hailey's house." Then the birthday celebrations went south rather quickly.

No comments: